The portal is intended for the purpose of communicating your lab results and answering brief questions pertaining to your most recent visit. While many practices and hospital systems are beginning to charge for some portal messages, Chapel Hill Gynecology will not charge for these brief messages.
Moving forward, all portal messages and phone calls will be triaged by office staff. Any urgent issues will be sent to the scheduling desk for a timely in-person or telehealth appointment, as there is often more to a problem than can be easily managed through a portal message. Individualized care is best delivered either in person or via a virtual visit. For any of the following reasons, the use of the portal is NOT appropriate, and the office will call you to schedule an in-person or virtual visit:
- Complex questions
- Multiple questions in the same message
- Multiple messages re: a particular subject
- Questions about any new health issue or topic, including urinary tract infections and vaginal infections
- Questions or requests for new medications or requests for changes to plan of care
- Refill requests should come directly from your pharmacy and not via the portal or phone unless you are changing pharmacies. For any refills, contact your pharmacy and they will send the refill request electronically.
You may continue to call us or use the portal for the following purposes:
- Questions about results of tests or imaging studies within the last month
- Simple follow-up questions